A perfect venue for the budget bride!
Celebrate with friends and family on 37 acres of woods, hills, pastures, creeks, and meadows in the heart of Saxapahaw. Cane Creek Farm is a working farm that’s home to pastured pigs, cows, goats, sheep, chickens, geese, guinea hens, and turkeys. Hang out among the hundred year old beech trees, walk along the creek, marry down in the meadow, and party on the hill with a view of the big night sky.
We’re just a few minutes walk from all the action in Saxapahaw. In the wonderfully restored textile mill on the Haw River, you can find:
- The General Store, a co-op and fine food stop
- The Eddy Pub, a divine restaurant that overlooks the river
- The Haw River Ballroom, hosting world class music acts by night and coffee shop by day
- Haw River Farmhouse Ales, the best in local brews
- Left Bank Butchery, whole-animal butcher shop all sourced within a few miles of the shop
- Paperhand Puppet Intervention, a national model in community theatre
- Saturdays in Saxapahaw, drawing hundreds every summer Saturday for music, food trucks, slip and slide and farmers’ market
- Haw River Canoe and Kayak, bringing the river to people from all over
- Friday noon – Sunday noon (Friday for setup, Saturday wedding/reception, Sunday for cleanup)
- Hilltop patio with fire pit
- Flat space on the hilltop for party tent(s)
- Location in the meadow by the creek for ceremony
- Parking for 200 people +, including parking signs
- Access to well water
- Some access to electrical outlets. With band and large setup, you’ll need to provide a generator
- Mobile stage for DJ/band
- Doors for ceremony
Camping (reserved for 10): Campers have access to camping platforms, outdoor shower, outhouse and fire pits ($10/pp for more than 10)
Airbnb Rentals: Yurt (sleeps 2); Purple Bus sleeps 4 (2 beds, 1 couch + bathroom). Parked in a private meadow. Mini Bus (sleeps 2); Beech Tree Shelter (sleeps 2-4). Pictures and descriptions here.
Friday night Reception: Setup earlier on Friday or Thursday for an evening reception on the hill or in the meadow. (rates vary)
Event space: Use of the first floor of our barn/house event space. This space has 10 ft high ceilings with open east side, north and south bays overlooking the patio and fire pit. It’s 500 square feet and can hold ~75 people. This includes space in our walk-in cooler for the cake, a full bathroom, coat hangers, and a bar. (rates vary)
Please note: This land is our home and home to many animals that we rely on for our livelihood. We have farm dogs and barn cats with important roles on the farm. Please – do not bring pets, do not enter any animal pens, and consider all fences potentially electrified. We live in the loft above the event space, and we’ll be present during your weekend – feeding the animals, tending the farm, and enjoying our home.
Please email email@example.com for additional information about our wedding and event packages.